Detox Day Menu
If you’ve read the blog posts on 10 Signs You Need to Detox and Top Tips for Successful Detoxing you’ll be keen to get started. Here you’ll find some ideas for what to eat during your detox day or days.
Your food intake during this detox is largely based on fruit and vegetables as these are the least challenging foods. They also supply an abundance of nutrients and fibre. Water, juices and herbal teas provide fluids to aid the removal of water soluble toxins.
It is important to listen to your body throughout the process. It’s advisable to do the detox on quiet days when there aren’t too many demands on your attention. If that means waiting until the weekend after the equinox that is fine. Do it for between 1-5 days depending on how you feel. Vary the foods eaten on each day but follow this basic schedule.
- Start the day with warm water and lemon juice to kick start the liver and bowel and to alkalise the system.
- Morning Berry Smoothie – blend a cup of blueberries and strawberries with an avocado.
- Mid Morning Juice – juice 3 sticks of celery, a crisp green apple, a beetroot and a handful of parsley
- Lunch Salad – combine mixed salad leaves with sprouted pulses. Sprinkle on a hemp seed oil and lemon juice dressing. Add herbs such as parsley and coriander.
- Mid Afternoon Juice – juice 2 carrots, a bunch of kale, an apple and a chunk of root ginger
- Supper Soup and Salad – combine grated vegetables such as carrots, celeriac and beetroot with pumpkin and hemp seeds and serve with a vegetable and miso soup.
- Drinks – drink water and herbal teas throughout the day and take it easy.
- Before bed – end the day by dry skin brushing with a natural bristle brush followed by a relaxing bath with essential oils, epsom salts, dead sea salts or a bath bomb.
Please check with your doctor or medical specialist before undertaking any detoxification regime or nutritional programme. If you are pregnant, breast feeding, on any medications or have a medical condition this may not be a suitable time for you to detox.