Foster Daily Healthy Habits
Whilst having periods dedicated to cleansing these should not be a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Use January to establish new long term habits.
For example, you could aim to:
- Eat 8 portions of fruit or vegetables a day. Aim for 2 of these to be green vegetables
- Drink herbal or fruit teas or water throughout the day
- Include plant proteins in your diet every day. Sources of these include peas, beans, lentils, quinoa, nuts, seeds, tofu and tempeh
- Include essential fats in your diet every day. Sources of these include flax seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, cold pressed oils, oily fish and avocados
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast
- Have at least 3 alcohol free days each week
- Move your body. Build walking or cycling into your daily routine. Dance, swim, run, play sports, take the stairs and leave the car at home where possible
- Avoid sitting down for long periods at a time. Get up, stretch and walk around regularly throughout the day
Feel free to add your own ideas to enhance your healthy lifestyle.